Policies & Insurance
Mana Kauai Rental Terms & Conditions
- A deposit is required for all reservations and is due within 9 days of the bookings. Payment may be in the form of check, wire-transfer, credit, or cash. Our rates are ALL CASH but Visa, American Express, and MasterCard cards are also accepted. The security deposit for homes will be returned after all bills are received, usually within 60 days after departure (often much sooner). Your security deposit and/or credit card will be charged for any damage, missing items, loss, excessive cleaning, or rearranging furniture that has been moved, any unpaid rent resulting from your stay, including number of guests exceeds that which is listed on the rental contract, misuse of items belonging to the property. Any interest earned on security deposits will be retained by Mana Kauai, Inc.
- Reservation fee is non-refundable. Full rental payment is due 90 days prior to arrival. If booking/payment is within 30 (thirty) days of check-in date, the funds need to be paid in cash form such as a bank/cashier's check, traveler's check, or wire transfer. If your payment is not received by the due date, your reservation will be subject to cancellation without further notice. Rent must be paid in U.S. funds. It is important to know that rates are subject to change until contract has been issued.
- Changes & Cancellations
- Changes made after you have signed the contract will incur a change fee. You have the right to cancel with 90 days written notice. With timely cancellation notice, all advance funds will be returned less a cancellation fee. If written notice is received less than 90 days for homes, all advance funds will be forfeited unless we can re-book your rental dates. No refunds will be made for late check-ins; early check-outs, no-shows or for booked but unused services. You are responsible for the entire time booked once within the non-cancellation period. Due to the fact that our properties are individually owned, we reserve the right to relocate you in an unforeseen circumstance such as the sale of the home, a maintenance concern or owner usage, and if necessary, cancel your reservation with 30 days notice.
- The information while deemed reliable is not guaranteed. Homes offered for rental are individually & privately owned, and reflect the tastes of each owner. Every effort has been made to assure accurate descriptions of the homes. Mana Kauai will not be held responsible for any noise pollution including construction outside the perimeter of the property noise from construction or for any amenities which are closed down for maintenance purposes or inoperable conditions.
- Minimum Stay Requirements
- There is a 7 night minimum stay for most homes. During the holiday period, there is a 14 night minimum stay for most home bookings. Contact us for any exceptions.
- Check-In & Check-Out Times
- Check-In time is 4:00 PM and Check-Out time is 10:00 AM. Late checkout may be available at an additional charge of 50% of the daily rate + tax up to 6:00 PM. After 6:00 PM a full day charge will apply.
- Security Of The Home & Rental Equipment
- When you lease the home, you assume full responsibility for it and its contents, as well as your personal property. Always lock the doors and windows when you leave or retire for the night. Lock your automobiles and put away any rental equipment. Any use of rented equipment by the Guests is strictly at your own risk, liability and could cause you to incur additional expenses.
- The number of guests is restricted to the number described. Guest use is provided for residential accommodations for guest and other individuals named in your Agreement. The following are not allowed on the property at any time: fireworks, drumming, outdoor amplified music, outdoor stereo music, camping on property, events or weddings, gatherings which include more than the maximum registered number of guests as paid to Mana Kauai (excluding chef staff), any commercial activities including video production or photo shoots, and any other behavior which adversely affects neighbors, or is contrary to local noise ordinances or house rules.. Non-permitted occupants may result in the termination of this contract and eviction from the premises. Guest must abide by disclosed property rules and restrictions and inform any other guests and invitees of said rules and restrictions. Guest must be responsible for the acts of other occupants, family, guests, invitees or contracted vendors allowed onto the property.
- Your resort home will be professionally cleaned prior to your arrival and again after your departure. The out clean fee is charged to the guest. Excessive departure cleaning, if necessary, will be deducted from your security deposit or charged to your credit card. Additional housekeeping service (such as daily maid service) is available upon request for an additional charge.
- Mana Kauai reserves the right to pre-approve all on-property vendors, in particular chefs/caterers. Vendors are not employees, agents or subcontractors of the Owner or agents. The Owner and agents make no warranties regarding the nature or quality of services provided by 3rd party vendors and will not accept any liability for their intentional or negligent acts resulting in damage of personal property belonging to the Guest or Owner, or for injury or illness caused by Vendor to guest or other occupants or invitees.
- Maintenance & Repairs
- We make every effort to ensure that all equipment within each rental home is in working order. In the event of a breakdown, we will strive to repair it as soon as possible, during normal business hours, after being notified of a problem. We cannot guarantee that appliances, high speed Internet access, spas, air conditioners, pool heaters, televisions, etc. will not break down during your stay and therefore, no refunds or adjustments will be made for mechanical failure. Furthermore, there will be no refunds or adjustments made for any other unexpected situation beyond our control such as insects, rodents, local construction, roosters, weather and the like.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- We recommend Travelers Insurance for any unforeseen circumstances.
- All properties are designated non-smoking by Hawaii State law and do not allow any pets. Violation of this will result in additional charges.
- Guest hereby acknowledges the State of Hawaii is exposed to Tidal Wave/Tsunami/ Hurricane threat. Please refer to our local phone book regarding inundation area and evacuation instructions should a threat occur.
- Weather in the State of Hawaii is unpredictable.
- Mana Kauai acts solely as agent for Owner, the Owner has final authority concerning all matters.
- Rates and amenities are subject to change without notice.
- There will be a $75 fee charged for each lost key. If you lose a key and the house requires a new lock for security, the cost will be more.
- All rates subject to Hawaii State Taxes of GET (General Excise Tax) 4.166% & TAT (Hotel Tax) 9.25%.
- High speed Internet service is available at our properties, however Mana Kauai is not responsible for service provider connectivity, technical support, or equipment failure.
- Open fires are prohibited on the property at all times.
- Guests shall avoid walking on floors or sitting on furniture if wet OR without removing sand, insect repellent, and sun products. Guest has been advised Kauai's volcanic soil contains compounds that can stain all types of floors, carpet, linens, and upholstery, therefore this property requires that shoes be removed upon entry to avoid unnecessary soiling or unintended staining.
Guest Protect Travel Insurance (G-330CSA)Why Buy Web Content
Guest Protect Travel Insurance
Even the best planned trip can be impacted by the unexpected, forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your vacation investment and incur unplanned expenses. Get the peace of mind you deserve by purchasing Guest Protect travel insurance from Generali Global Assistance.
Valuable Protection for Before, During and After Your Vacation
Sudden illness, medical emergency, natural disaster, adverse weather, delayed flights, road closures or lost or delayed luggage can quickly derail a trip, and sometimes at the least convenient moment.
Anticipating the unexpected with Generali Global Assistance travel insurance insures your vacation investment from costly covered events and helps reimburse you and others staying at your reservation for surprise expenses.
With this valuable protection plan, you get:
- Trip Cancellation coverage for a variety of unforeseen circumstances, including mandatory evacuations and sickness and injury of yourself, a traveling companion or family member.
- A wide range of post-departure coverages, including Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, Medical and Dental, Emergency Assistance and Transportation, Baggage, Rental Car Damage and more. Note Rental Car Damage is not available to residents of Texas.
- Coverage for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions when you purchase your plan prior to or within 24 hours of final payment and are medically able to travel when you buy your plan.
- Valuable assistance services including 24/7/365 emergency assistance, concierge services, on demand medical care— including no-out-of-pocket medical expenses— identity theft resolution and roadside assistance.
- A 10-day free look to review your plan and decide if it's right for you. If you wish to cancel your plan within 10 days of purchase and have not yet left on your trip or filed a claim you can do so and receive a full refund of your plan cost.